Tuesday, September 26, 2006

10:03 Indiana Memorial Union

I'm back at the Union, the place I spent.... Well I'd say about a 1/4 of my freshman year (that is a 100% honest estimate). It was the only place I could study and it wasn't as popular as the library so I felt like it was MY thing. Boosh also is a fan of the union and I'm back with her tonight just reading some of my books and doing things like this.

I've been having a tough day. I got up, read, did Yoga, Cleaned our House, Got the Oil Changed in my car, took a walk and read on campus (It was BEAUTIFUL TODAY), Had a Board of Aeons meeting, Ate Dinner with my roommates and now I'm at the Union again. All in all pretty successful day, but I've been in a slump.

I had a GREAT weekend again (Wabash trip) but I am 100% aware that I don't have a second job. I want one really bad but I am seriously just enjoying "finding myself" and waiting for that "Perfect job". I started to read a book on ADD and it reached me so much that I could hardly get through the intro because it was like reading someone's evaluation of my life. Have a really bad case of it I've concluded and I don't think my meds are cutting it anymore. I'm exploring and still just like depressed because of it. It's hard b/c I am happy at the same time because I love where I am. I am like repressing my depression and I have a feeling like it is going to just bite me in the ass. I think the best way to describe me is SLOW. Not in a negative way but I just have to decide to do things, and then I do them in my own creative way and do them in a memorable way.

I decided that I needed goals for this year. There are certain flaws about myself that I wanted to change and this year is IT. they are completely random but here goes (this is a rough draft by the way)
-I want to start sending Thank you notes. I never do, it's rude and not a reflection about how I feel, I just always never get to it.
-I want to keep in touch with my family better than last year. Including Poppy and Grammie.
- I want to keep my spirituality a center of who I am (not necessarily religion)
-I want to travel, I won't get to during the next couple
- I want to actually write in this thing.
- I want to find the balance b/w being lazy about exercise and being neurotic like I was fall of senior year
- I want to understand my ADD, my depression and my poor grades
- I want to live my life day, by day.
- I want to feed to my hobbies. I love to cook so I should. I love to craft so I should. (aka use these as outlets instead of Facebook, TV, phone etc)
- I want to create a concrete plan for the rest of my undergrad, and get out of bill/debt
-I want to understand finances

ok well this is a short list, but realistically- although I don't have my high paying job yet I have really started to achieve a lot of these. I feel accomplished and at the end of the day know "theres always tomorrow"

No comments: