Sunday, April 08, 2007

The Lord is Risen....... He is risen indeed.

errr I mean Happy Easter.

I find a lack in signifigance in the actual rituals of Easter. It is just as important as something like pentacost, good friday, maunday thursday, Ash wednesday and yet we tagged a bunny to it and It automatically is a reason for the "C and E" people to go to church--- that is the crowd that goes to the First Community South Campus in Grandview for only Christmas Eve and Easter Morning. It's turns in to a whos who event and gets so packed that you have to get there literally an hour to 45 minutes before to get a good seat. It puts that extra pressure on the clergy to make a killer sermon (Rev. Wing's rocked today), and we bring the columbus symphony to add that extra assurance that this service is special.

The weekend was all in all turbulant but enjoyable. The ability to spend time with my friends home from school is always treasured and taken advantage of. Poppy also came and I just have to say that thank god the Masters are on because I don't know what else to do with poppy. He's been here for four days and there is only so many political issues to discuss, or games of solitare to play. He was an avid golfer until his 80's so i'm able to sit with him during the hours of golf and read and play on my laptop and feel like i'm being a good granddaughter.

I realized how much I love my friends when Elyse and Laura endured watching scenes from the Sound of Music TWO nights in a row with me. It was on TV both nights and it has that mezmerizing quality that we can't seem to draw ourselves from. I just don't get why I want to be a Von Trapp child so badly but it has plauged me for quite a long time now.


oh yeah I got a Staph Infection? It's so weird. My finger puffed up- I got the flu for an hour, it started spreading but getting less intense and then has been slowly healing. I would bitch about it more but it feels good now and I don't want to relive the trauma feeling as if your finger is going to blow up.

Easter Parade is on now... Mom won control of the remote. My favorite alchy actress Judy Garland is starring so i'll give it a whirl.

No comments: