Monday, December 11, 2006

This holiday season has been very merry (as it should be). I am staying in my room tonight though because my roommates are all in that "finals week" anger that I know just to avoid. I don't want to be the jackass sitting around jolly, making home made jewelry for Christmas presents. I really am regretting that I will not see my friends from home for that long but hopefully I'll just make that 4 days congested with reuniting with all of my favorite people. It hit me today that this is the longest period of time that I've ever been without seeing Poppy, my grandpa. He is the definition of man and basically the coolest grandpa ever so I am eagerly awaiting to spend time with him.

The week after Thanksgiving was kind of long because I was getting the hang of how work changes during the holiday season. There are a lot more rude customers, a lot more merchandise, and a lot of new dumb seasonal cashiers that ask me the stupidest questions. I've learned how to pace myself at work and just laugh at the customers that are so anal and rude about the size of their glitter. I found out today that we get EVERY class free so I am going to start attending everyone that I can just I can get the basic skills down and be more knowledgeable. Almost all of my gifts are handmade with love :)

I've gotten back to my freshman year roots and attended two fraternity date things last week. I spent the weekend at Wabash with Chad Finley for his "Beta Soiree". Melanie was originally going to be there with Mike but Mike's Grandpa died on Friday so it turned out I was there just for Chad and it made it even more of a "I'm chad's girlfriend" type of thing. It's a bummer he is going abroad next semester, because we get along really well. I mean, I took him antique shopping with me on Saturday afternoon and he admittedly enjoyed it because he found sweet shot glasses.
I had a blast from the past going to the Fiji Christmas Date Party with Brice Keefer on Wednesday. One of my best friends from Freshman year, Alli Shearer, went too so we made the dates pick us up from the sorority house. All of the boys in the house were so happy to see "mama bear" was alive. I made the vow to start going there more often while I can next semester.

Last week we had major roommate bonding because Tara's boyfriend ended up being a jackass and she had to break up with him over a bunch of sneaking around he did. He was the last person I would ever guess to do this, so it was extremely shocking. This lead to us throwing a big party on Saturday to celebrate Tara's birthday and her new singledom. There weren't as many guests as we originally assumed but the people I would want to see did come. The mess was minor and I didn't have anyone here that I had to entertain, so I could just really enjoy it. Pictures from the weekend included:)

No comments: