Thursday, November 02, 2006

On our Kitchen Stools:

I get so angry at our heating system. Ok we have 3 floors, and floor one is about 60 degrees, floor two 70-75 and floor three (my bedroom) is about 90. I don't want to switch rooms so that It's 60 degrees, but waking up sweating in november is unnecessary. When it would get too cold I always put my marker bin over the vent, but i'm afraid that if I put it over when its hot it will melt. Any solutions from my loyal readers?

Although it is technically now "Holiday Season", I feel like I have already been holiday-ed out from the day that I had to clean out all the boxes that had broken glass ornaments. I will say that I am pumped to decorate our tree/house. I am focusing on using cranberries and holly because Red is the accent color in Living Room where the tree will go. I was ready to take down the halloween decorations this morning. We had pillow stuffing as cobwebs and i kept finding random pieces in our wine fridge with bits of wine that dripped out of the box and then it would be all sticky and extremely gross. Also I am excited we are having a house thanksgiving the sunday before. It'll feel like thanksgiving because we can sit around all day, and watch football woo ( I am a converted Bears fan). The boyfriends are all coming and I will have the boy I like the best that weekend hahah Just kididng hopefully Boosh and Alli will come, or Brian Leis idk, we'll see. I have to come back from Michigan Weekend earlier than I thought but Thanksgiving with my 3 favorite roomates and the boys that put up with me..... wouldn't miss it for the world.

This weekend turned out to be a extremely successful, low stress halloween. I didn't spend any money on costumes, Fell Asleep extremely easy both nights, woke up both mornings without hangovers , and partied with everyone that I would want to party with at IU. On Friday I stuck with Nicci and Tara, and we were joined by a friend from our floor that trandferred to southern Indiana. Saturday I had to work all night but it almost added to the excitment because when 9:30 hit, I hurried home and plugged in the curlers and started blasting a mix of songs that remind me of Akita because Katie Williams was staying with me. We went to a 2 house party at the Villas a townhouse complex across from the stadium and stayed there the whole night. It was thrown by guys that went to high school with Mel and Amanda and had such a great time hanging out with all of them.

This week has been kind of blah, I mean It was rainy Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I have dealt with the beginning of the blah weather with exercising every day, and because I no longer work cash register I get a really good workout from work too so I am feeling great. I have been reading during all of my breaks instead of leaving and I finished a book called "Entre Nous; A woman's guide to finding her inner French Girl". It was cute, and since i've been teaching myself french all year learning the culture really supplemented it. I don't know how exactly I started such a fascination with their culture. Today I am started a book called "Freakonomics". I'll let you know how it goes.

This weekend I am hitching a ride with Melanie to Wabash on Saturday night because Mikes Frat is having a huge Toga Party. Their frat is really old school because it's a all boys school so i'm really pumped to feel like i'm in Animal House for a night. I have a blue satin toga from one of my friends and flat silver sandels that lace up my foot. Alright I have work at 12 so I better so make myself presentable. Have a good day!

No comments: